Harlem 119th & Lenox! 1 room in 2br
(Please excuse the photos - the place looks messy because the current roommate is leaving)
I live in an excellent 2 BR on an historic block in Harlem,
• Lease starts Aug 1, 2020, but room available as soon as July 16th.
• Rent: $1530 each + we split utilities (power + internet).
• 10min walk to 2/3 trains. 20min walk to A/B/C/D trains. Walkable to Metro North and to 4/6 trains.
• 2nd floor of brownstone (there is 1 apartment above and 1 below).
These neighbors are respectful and friendly. There is roof access but not a furnished roof. Bring your own shade.
• Open-plan kitchen/living room.
• Bedrooms fit queen, dresser(s) and small desk.
• Double-door closet.
• Laundry in-unit.
• Large crawl space above kitchen allows for extra storage!
• Exposed Brick walls throughout
• There is room on bike mount in living room for 1 more bike
• We recycle!
• I have a chill male cat that mainly cares about his next treat.
How I like to keep house:
--> I clean any mess immediately after eating. However, dishes can be left for 1 day on edge of sink
--> I clean regularly, and expect you will too.
--> If anyone needs silence, that's the law of the house.
--> Overnight guests are OK as long as agreements are made in advance
--> Share household cleansers & paper expenses.
--> Friendship my develop naturally however it is not an expectation. Respect for each other's space, schedules and sensitivities. The apartment is a safe haven, quiet and relaxing to come home to. If you are cooking, be sure to leave the kitchen fit for the next person to use; ie. don't leave the sink full with pots, wipe down stove & countertops. Keep the toilet seat cover down as there's an animal in the house. Keep clutter out, and don’t leave personal items in the way of walking. Communicate if any part of the arrangement is not working and find a mutually agreed on resolution.
The ideal roommate is self-sufficient, likely full-time employed, but if not at least with a sense of healthy structure and stability. Neither roommate dominates the apartment in terms of occupying the TV or loud music or putting out decor or personal items. In this shelter-in-place era we are in, communicating early solves problems compounding later.
- Apartment share
- $1,530 monthly (large)
- 25 Jul 2020
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Utilities included?
- Fees apply?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # roommates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- Pottery, Cycling, Art History, Bird Watching, Gardening
New roommate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Min age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current roommate