Private bedroom in townhouse near Great Mall
One of my roommates is moving out of the country after a year and a half of us all living together, and we are looking for a new one to replace her starting June 1st. We live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath townhouse with a den (den can be used as additional storage space, turned into an office, etc.) in Milpitas, walking distance to the Great Mall. The condo features beautiful interiors with granite countertops. Fridge, microwave, oven, gas stove top, washer, dryer, garbage disposal, dishwasher, forced air (heating and cooling) are all included. This is a private room that includes a ceiling fan in the bedroom and you'll be sharing a bath with one other roommate. Please find attached pics of the empty bedroom & unit (pics 1-5), and additional pictures of the modeled unit (pics 6-7). Pictures of furnished unit available upon inquiry. Private bedroom can come furnished upon request, or you can move-in with your own furniture.
About the townhouse:
-Townhouse complex is only about 5 years old
-Walking distance to Great Mall
-<5 min to I-880
-<10 min to 101, 237 and 680
-Central AC + heat
-Spacious lounge, with dining area, open-plan kitchen, shared bathroom
-Fridge, microwave, oven, gas stove top, garbage disposal, dishwasher included
- Assigned parking space in our underground gated garage
-The neighborhood is newer, quiet, and safe
The roommates & vibe:
Two working professional women in their 20s working in tech companies. We are kind, social, supportive, independent-minded, and frankly, kick-ass ladies, who, on occasion, share their latest brilliant thoughts, woes, daily escapades etc. over a glass of wine, bubble tea or tub of ice cream. Neither of us are smokers, partiers, or loud. We don’t have any pets, and unfortunately there are no pets allowed in the unit. We are respectful of shared spaces, and clean but not OCD about it. These ladies will have your back! We are both pretty laidback but just ask that the house remain relatively clean and orderly. We would appreciate a rational and mindful roommate with a healthy attitude on life. We would like to live with someone who might say, "How was your day?" and ACTUALLY care to know. We'd like to have meaningful conversations and share dinners once in a while (if it fits everyone's schedule. We owe it to ourselves and each other to always be sincere and loving). If you’re more private, of course, we will definitely respect your privacy as well.
-Responsible, respectful, easygoing, clean, considerate professionals who pays their bills on time
-Willing to support our efforts to keep the unit clean
-Non-smoker, including "medical/recreational marijuana" & no drug use
-No pets (so sorry!)
-Overnight guests are OK permitting that you give both of us a heads up. Also please be respectful of this (e. g. there’s a big difference between an occasional overnight visit vs. visiting parents staying over for weeks at a time or the girlfriend/boyfriend who stays over day-after-day or week-after-week)
• $1150 monthly rent due in advance the 1st of every month
• + $700 security deposit
• $1150 rent + 1/3 monthly utilities (PG&E, water, high-speed internet + cable, monthly house cleaning)
Lastly, we have a small request of you to answer a few questions for us. Craigslist is a SPAM haven. Answering these questions lets us know you read this and it might take us one step closer to a great fit. Thanks for meeting us half-way.
1) Please tell us about yourself, job, lifestyle, and personality. What do you typically do for fun?
2) How would you describe your ideal roommate situation?
3) When do you clean dishes? (Immediately, end of the day, sometime tomorrow, once a week?)
4) What's your policy on shared spaces? ("Mi casa es tu casa," or let's not share anything?)
5) Ideally would you like roommates who you have the potential of becoming friends with or would you like a private living condition?
Please also provide us with a link to a social media page (e. g. FB, LinkedIn).
- First month rent + security deposit ($700)
- Income verification required, please have last two pay stubs or offer letter handy
-Willing to run a credit check
- Term: Lease ends April 29th, 2020 w/ option for renewal or month-to-month lease (rent will remain approximately the same)
Wishing you the best of luck on your search—Happy Hunting!
- Shared property
- $1,150 monthly (large)
- Minimum term
- Maximum term
- Utilities included?
- Fees apply?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # roommates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- 2 Females
New roommate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current roommate