Seeking perfect roommate for family home
My daughter and I (and our 2 cats) are looking for our next perfect roommate for our spacious, beloved and smoke-free 1400 sq ft Prospect Heights duplex 3 BR/2BA Prospect Heights apartment with lovely private patio and deck located in a small, well-located and friendly coop.
The room itself is a 12x20 furnished room downstairs (where all 3 bedrooms are) with full sized bed, table/desk, chest of drawers and good-sized closet.
We are likely to be gone several months a year, so we are looking for someone who will responsibly enjoy and care for the apartment as a family member would when we aren’t around. This is a minimum 1 yr lease and for one person only.
Our roommate has their own full bathroom upstairs with shower as their principal and the downstairs full bath with gigantic soaking tub when we’re not in town.
Features of the rest of the apartment: Hardwood floors and carpets, wifi, central AC/heat with Nest, laundry facilities and small gym
We also have a recently renovated kitchen with thoughtful, organized cabinets/drawers, new stove/oven and fridge, Bosch DW, excellent storage for our roommate.
Our large dining/living room has plenty of space for dinner at home, relaxing on the daybed couch or armchair.
Our outdoor space is wonderful for relaxing or even working in nice weather. We have seating on both the deck and the patio plus greenery (in season) and a BBQ.
- One building in from the intersection of Washington and Lincoln Place
- 5 minutes from 2/3 Eastern Parkway stop, the Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Mt. Prospect Park, Grand Army Plaza, Washington Ave and Underhill St restaurants/bars/shopping/coffee/yoga/fitness
- 7-10 minutes from 4/5 Franklin Ave stop, Prospect Park and greenmarket, Vanderbilt Ave and Franklin Ave restaurants/bars/shopping/coffee/yoga/fitness
- 15-20 minutes to Barclays Center, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO, Brooklyn Bridge Park
- 20-30 minutes to lower Manhattan anywhere by subway
- Apartment share
- Prospect Heights
Eastern Pkwy - Brooklyn Museum Station
0-5 minutes walk away
- $1,500 monthly (large/private bathroom)
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Utilities included?
- Fees apply?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # roommates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- music, cooking, travelling, yoga, food, working out, gym, biking, beach, exercise, swimming, family, meditation, surfing, socializing
- 2 Females
New roommate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Min age
- Max age
- Female preferred
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a resident landlord