3-BEDROOM Share - Jersey City Heights Large Room
- Mark as unsuitable
Ad ref# 101853544
DETAILS: BEAUTIFUL LARGE, QUEEN ROOM FOR RENT IN JERSEY CITY HEIGHTS! Note: Room is unfurnished
Monthly parking available at $100 behind building.
MOVE IN July 1, 2023
FEMALE/MALE PROFESSIONAL OR full-time STUDENT ROOMMATE - PREFERABLY FOR ONE YEAR.
Looking for those who do NOT work from home, but students can study here as needed. Sorry, no couples. 1 Small pet may be allowed, but on a case by case basis. Male or Female and neutral gendered all welcome.
No smoking, no vaping, no drugs, no heavy alcohol, no late night parties or blasting music at all hours. This is a family neighborhood and there is a professional office downstairs.
Apartment utilities are split 3 ways and we will chip in for paper products/household staples each month. Utilities and amenities:
* FASTEST Verizon INTERNET SPEED
* GAS & ELECTRICITY
* CENTRAL AIR AND HEAT
* BEAUTIFUL wood-blend grained FLOORS
* Great kitchen, all brand new appliances: microwave, toaster oven, stove and fridge - all stainless steel with wood cabinets, granite countertop and room for your kitchen stuff.
* Some dishes, pots and pans, flatware. Feel free to bring anything you have.
* NICE BATHROOM, DECORATED
* YOUR ROOM WILL HAVE A LIGHT FIXTURE, DOUBLE CLOSET, CURTAINS (some furniture for sale if needed (queen bed and frame, 2 end tables, bookcase), otherwise room will be empty.
*. Share cleaning chores in living room and kitchen and please have good bathroom habits. Cleaning and personal wipes provided. Dispose of trash regularly.
*$1000 goes directly to landlord via Zelle. Nasir handles utility bills, so arrange to send funds to him
* Please send your professional profile (LinkedIn/Facebook etc.). If you don't have one, relay message on this site and tell us about yourself, your work and your daily schedule. Please include a photo and a letter or paystubs from employer.
* The landlord does want a professional on-line site to view you before she meets you, so at least have a Facebook page with your photo. We must meet in person before you move in. No third parties or real estate brokers, please.
* If you are a student, we will need proof for landlord who will work with you if you have a guarantor
* The apartment is a share for 3 persons altogether: Nasir is in administration and Chyna is a student/freelance employee. We are considerate, private, friendly and cooperative and very clean. We expect the same of our roomie.
* Any furnishings you bring for your room must be sanitized and in good condition.
* We will accept living room furniture if you wish to bring some
* Must sign Landlord Lease with one months' rent and one months' security (security refunded when you leave)
* Must be working or in college full time with a guarantor. Must be out of the apartment during most of the weekdays.
* NO REAL ESTATE OR MANAGEMENT FEES
* We recycle and throw out trash on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please see that there is no trash lingering in your room or anywhere in the apartment.
* Occasional guests okay, but note that this is not a party house. If you have a steady partner, try to limit stay-overs. We work hard and want privacy.
* Must speak English
Dear Potential Roommate:
This nice bedroom is very sunny, 3 windows, with a double closet with a wall to wall long shelf. This apartment has been renovated, all new last year, and our exterior is currently being redone. It's just a lovely place to come home to at the end of a long day. Faces left side of building, off JFK Blvd and is more quiet than the other bedrooms facing front.
We will all share beautiful living room, kitchen and bath.
More about the apartment's area: It is a spacious, sunny apartment in beautiful Jersey City Heights. There is a gas station 1/2 block away. Travel is easy and is a very walkable area. The apartment is nice place to study, read or do your side business. Gordon Leonard Park - a lovely green historical space - is about 5 blocks away and safe for those who want a morning or evening run. They have weekend events there during the summer.
The apartment has a great living room with a non-working fireplace and nice sized kitchen to cook in, but there is plenty of takeout in the area with a great Halal truck across the street, pizza and bodegas on our block and Dunkin' Donuts 3 blocks down on JFK Blvd and Central Avenue restaurants deliver.
The building is a 2-story structure with a doctor's office in the bottom and the apartment is on the top floor (2 short, very easy flights of stairs). This feels more like a house than an apartment. It is located near all the universities, hospitals and is very safe, quiet and clean. The neighborhood has a family town feel, with a quiet atmosphere. It is very safe with a mixed bag of all cultures and ages. There is traffic during rush hour in the mornings and evenings, but everything quiets down considerably after 9PM.
Journal Square and Union City are a 6 minute bus ride away. Central Avenue and Journal Square have very nice shops and eateries, bakeries, post office, library and many businesses.
The NYC express bus gets you into Port Authority in 30-35 minutes, or take the van transports to Journal Square in 6-9 minutes to connect to Path Train. Also, you can take a bus to Union City and #2 Bus to Secaucus is right across the street.
Note that the building is being renovated, so the face of the building will be redone, the interior entrance will be redone and minor household repairs and fumigation to be done as needed. The washer-dryer will be repaired soon, but there is laundry right across the street meanwhile and a dry cleaners right next door.
CONTACT IF INTERESTED ASAP!
* Must speak in person by phone, so do contact us with your phone number! No text inquiries will be answered without speaking first
* Must speak English
* Please be clean, considerate, and know your boundaries.
SERIOUS INQUIRIES PLEASE.
NO AGENTS PLEASE.
Email via spare room relay with your name, cell and link with your photo. Tell us the best time to call you and tell us a little about yourself. We are open to all nationalities, binaries, so all welcomed.
Thanks for reading our ad.
Be Kind and Godspeed!
- Apartment share
- Jersey City
- $1,000 monthly (large)
- 01 Jul 2023
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- 24 months
- Utilities included?
- Fees apply?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # roommates
- Total # rooms
- 28 to 36
- Any pets?
- music, reading, cooking, films, writing, photography, fitness, nature, wine, entrepreneurship, creative, healthy living, videography, entertaining
- 1 Female, 1 Male
New roommate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current roommate