Friendly Professional With Luxury FiDi Space
My roommate of 3+ years — found online — is moving home to Florida. I'm looking for a roommate for October 15th (potentially flexible date). I know it's a bonkers time to be looking for a roommate, and I'm looking for someone who's approaching pandemic safety in a similar way (social distancing when out, wearing masks when outside the apartment, not hanging out with tons of people while this thing is in full swing. It sucks, but I also need to keep myself safe, and I hope you feel the same way).
Now for the mundane BeforeTimes stuff: I've lived in the city for 15 years and in this apartment for nine of them. I'm a woman in my late 30s and I'm a Director of Communications at a nonprofit, with a freelance gig in the music industry. I'm responsible and always make rent/utility payments on time. I'm not a partier, nor do I smoke or do drugs. I love going to concerts and comedy clubs, and I'll go see pretty much anyone live at least once, and I can't wait until the world safely opens up again so I can go back to doing those things.
I like to write, sketch, and have mostly low-key nights. My favorite shows are The Good Place (totally for our times), Schitt's Creek, Grey's Anatomy (even though it's gone on too long), and Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.
About you: Ideally female. You'd probably describe yourself as low-key and mellow, friendly, responsible, and clean. You're definitely gainfully employed, and always able to make rent and utility payments on time. You're also not a heavy partier and when you go out, you don't bring the party home with you. You're also a non-smoker and don't use drugs. If you have a significant other, they won't become a third roommate — especially during these times.
I've gotten along really well with all of my past roommates, though we were never best friends. Friendship is a welcome bonus, but it's not required. It would be great to chat every once in a while. Also, it doesn't matter to me how you keep your personal space, as long as common areas are kept neat and clean.
About the building:
- Luxury high-rise in FiDi.
- Doormen, laundry facilities, two gyms (currently COVID-closed), and club room on top floor (COVID-closed) of the building (no additional charge).
- Sundeck on top floor (OPEN!)
- Access all parts of the city easily: close to the 2/3/4/5/J/Z/R/W
About the space:
- $1750/mo. rent
- ~$170/mo. for cable/internet/electric (currently fios // trying to get a better deal)
- ~$50/mo. for apartment cleaning via Handy or similar service.
- The available room is the bigger, converted one, and it's approximately 10 x 11. While it has no formal closet, one former roommate used a deeper nook in the room as one. It fits a full-sized bed and multiple dressers and/or a small desk, if necessary. You can also fit a queen, but it's a tighter squeeze. The gigantic hall closet is all yours.
- The room has high ceilings, three large windows, and its own AC/heating unit that you control.
- Shared bathroom, with large bathroom-adjacent closet to split.
- Parquet floors, decently sized living room as far as 1BR converted apartments go, and nicely sized kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances.
Drop me a line if you think we'd be a good mutual fit.
- Apartment share
- Financial District
Wall St Station
(0-5 minutes walk)
- $1,750 monthly (large)
- 15 Oct 2020
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Utilities included?
- Fees apply?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # roommates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
- Writing, reading, board games, art, lots of Netflix / Hulu. From the BeforeTimes: concerts, comedy clubs, Broadway shows, lectures, 92Y events
New roommate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Min age
- Max age
- Female preferred
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current roommate