Room in 1st floor 2Br Apt in Fort Greene
Room available starting in July (date flexible) in 2-bedroom first-floor apartment at prime Fort Greene location. Quick walking access to 2/3/4/5/B/C/D/G/N/Q/R train lines and many other neighborhood perks.
Monthly rent is $1325 w/ 2 closets. 1 month rent + 1 month security deposit due at move-in. Utilities typically ~$40 per person. Proof of income required.
Nos: No pets, no couples, no smoking/vaping, no 420/drugs, no heavy partying
- 1st floor in back of building away from street
- Wide & quiet residential street, easy for double-parking & moving
- 270 sqft total common space
- Good natural light from south-facing windows
- Kitchen is small but functional w/ some natural window light, fully stocked w/ kitchenware and ample counter space
- Good laundromat close around the corner
- 8x11 feet w/ a single window
- Enough space to comfortably fit a full-sized bed, dresser, desk, and nightstand. Possible to fit a queen bed w/ less furniture.
- Closets are outside of bedroom, each closet 3x3.5 feet and 9 feet tall.
- Both bedrooms are at opposite ends of the apartment so no walls are shared.
Some of what's available within 10-min walking distance:
1 min: Fulton G train
2 min: Mr. Mango - 24 hr produce-focused grocery store
2 min: Citi Bike dock
3 min: Fort Greene Park
4 min: Lafayette C train
4 min: Whole Foods Market 365
6 min: Atlantic Terminal 2/3/4/5/B/D/N/Q/R trains
7 min: Fort Greene Farmers Market
8 min: Target
10 min: Trader Joe's (6 min by bus)
Also close by: BAM theater, Barclay's Center, North Park Slope, Downtown Brooklyn, Greenlight Bookstore, bars, restaurants & more! (post-Covid)
Your only roommate: Guy, late 30s. Quiet, clean and conscientious. I work as a handyman. My day usually starts around 9 am or later. I like to cook, work on projects, participate in maker/DIY & art communities, and slackline. I tend to keep to myself when I'm home and not out, but I will occasionally cook dinner for friends. I'm open to occasionally chat, split a pizza, be friendly, but it's not necessary and I'm happy to do my own thing 100% of the time.
I generally lead a busy life outside of the apartment and use the apartment as a quiet and peaceful place to recharge and unwind. I am looking for a considerate and responsible adult who will use and appreciate the apartment the same way, keeping the space clean and usable and keeping noise levels down.
Important: Covid is real and is still happening. Anyone moving in is expected to diligently adhere to safety measures. We can run over and agree upon quarantine details if you are serious about taking the room.
If you're interested, in your reply please tell me a little about yourself, e. g. if you're working from home, what your schedule is like, what kinds of interests and activities you would normally be doing in absence of the lockdown, and how you like to unwind at home. Please also include 1-2 social media links if you have them.
- Apartment share
- Fort Greene
Lafayette Av Station
(0-5 minutes walk)
- $1,325 monthly (small)
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Utilities included?
- Fees apply?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # roommates
- Total # rooms
- Any pets?
New roommate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Min age
- Max age
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and let us know if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current roommate