Huge Master Bedroom with private bath
- Mark as unsuitable
Ad ref# 102266667
- Huge 21’ x 11’ Master Bedroom with private bath in sunny West Oakland upper duplex
- Flexible move-in date between March 1 and April 1. 1-year lease
- Rent: $1400 for the master bedroom with private bath (21’ x 11’). Utilities approx $100
- Utilities: power, gas, internet. Landlord pays water and garbage. Splitwise app to split utilities and other common costs like paper towels, toilet paper, etc
- Deposit: $1600
- Open to a dog, cat or other pets. We have two indoor/outdoor cats. A previous roommate had two dogs and they all got along. If you have a pet, a big benefit of living here is shared parenting (we cover each other when we’re on vacation - save money on petsitters). To be clear, if you don’t have a pet, we don’t expect this of you
- Open to couples. Room is quite big and suited for it
- Work from home amenities: Nook in living room fits a desk and has a door for privacy
- Front windows get LOTS of sun. South facing
- Well insulated. All double-pane windows and insulation in walls. House maintains temperature well
- Central heating with air filtration
- Barely hear outside noise. Rooms are also soundproofed between each other
- Coin operated washer/dryer in garage
- Sonic 10 gigabit fiber internet. Mesh Wifi system
- Friendly rental manager lives in the downstairs unit. Very responsive and quick to fix issues personally
- Huge master bedroom with full private bathroom. Around 21’ by 11’ including bathroom, ~240 sq ft
- Sliding door to the backyard which also lets in lots of light. North facing
- Two closets
- Two ceiling lights controlled by its own dimmer switch
- Currently occupied by a friend who is living here temporarily. Room will be empty for move in
- Availability to share WFH nook in living room (see above)
- We are in our 30’s and value independence, communication and cleanliness. All ages welcome just as long as you embody these values
- Independence: We live our lives, we are friendly but we are not close friends. A friendly rapport is important to keep lines of communication open
- Communication: You are direct about your wants and needs, know how to problem solve, can work out a compromise if necessary
- Cleanliness: We focus on hotspots like the kitchen and bathroom. Sometimes things aren’t perfectly clean (adult life can be overwhelming) but we do our best
- Weed friendly: We consume in our bedrooms and can do things to mitigate the smell if it bothers you
- Scent-free not guaranteed: We reduce our footprint with non-scented products, but we cannot guarantee a perfectly scent-free space
- Cat-friendliness preferred but you need to at least tolerate and understand them
- Queer-friendly, but you do not have to be queer to live here (K is straight)
- Not wheelchair accessible. A flight of stairs up to the front door
- E (She/Her, White, Queer) works as a graphic designer at a big bank. Grew up in SLO. Works from home 2 days a week. Loves Green Day, horror movies and drag shows. Been living in the Bay for 5 years and in West Oakland for the last 3.
- K (He/Him, Asian, Straight) works as a bike mechanic and is teaching himself how to code. Grew up in upstate NY. In the past he’s worked in healthcare, biotech and as a bike messenger. Veteran of co-op living who enjoys being more independent. Been living in the Bay for 12 years and in West Oakland for the last 9.
- We are a craigslist success story. Found each other on craigslist more than a year ago and have been living harmoniously ever since
- E’s cat: Rocky, 14 year old male. Shy at first, but very loving after you win his trust
- K’s cat: Panther, 7 year old male. Very friendly, outgoing and intelligent
Please email us a little bit about yourself.
- We’re interested in what you do for work, what you do for fun, your sleep schedule, if you have pets and anything else you’d like to share
- Please tell us your ideal move-in date
- Apartment share
- West Oakland
- $1,400 monthly (large/Private bathroom)
- Minimum term
- 12 months
- Maximum term
- Utilities included?
- Fees apply?
- Disabled access
- Living room
- Broadband included
- # roommates
- Total # rooms
- 30 to 35
- Any pets?
- 1 Female, 1 Male
New roommate preferences
- Couples OK?
- Smoking OK?
- Pets OK?
- Don't mind
- Males or females
Report this ad
We have staff moderating our ads 7 days per week, to keep quality high. Please help us in our job and if there is any problem with this ad, for example:
- The photos are not of the room advertised
- The description is misleading
- The ad is generic rather than for a specific available room
- The advertiser is not a current roommate